Uplifting The Next Generation
Congregation Beth Am operates one of the largest religious schools in Central Florida for a reason. When a student joins our religious school, there is a clear end result goal in place: The student will have the ability to conduct the entire Shabbat service, participate in services at any synagogue, and have a spiritual understanding of what it is to be Jewish. We recognize that each child is different, so our curriculum is tailored to meet each child’s individual needs, including our unique program designed for children with special needs. Every class and program is designed to give our students:
- A sense of being at home and belonging to an Eternal People.
- An active identification with the Jewish community throughout the world in general.
- Spiritual strength to be guided by the light of Jewish Tradition when making the difficult – and not-so-difficult – decisions of life.
- A sense of self, enabling them to look in the mirror and see a reflection of God’s Image.
- The depth of soul that carries a sense of mystery about the known as well as the unknown patterns of the world, informed and inspired by the knowledge of our Sages in all ages.
- The perspective that Jewish religion encompasses the realities of the contemporary world, that it demands a mind that is open and free.
- The capacity to see Judaism not only as something to be inherited, but rather as a pattern of life to be discovered.
Locations: Longwood and Winter Springs/Oviedo
(Classes are taught by a staff of experienced teachers.)
Students in grades Pre-K – 5 meet on Sunday mornings from 9:30 am until 12pm at Congregation Beth Am in Longwood.
Students in grades 6 and 7 meet on Saturday mornings at 9:00 am, prior to the Shabbat morning service.
Students within one year of the B/Mitzva meet for one hour after the weekday session.
Students in grades 3 – 7 also attend one of the two mid-week sessions, each utilizing the same curriculum:
- Winter Springs
Fellowship Hall (on Red Bug Lake Road, between Dodd Road and Tuskawilla Road) on Tuesday afternoons from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
- Beth Am in Longwood on Wednesday afternoons from 4:15 to 6:00 p.m.
Classes are open to all students, regardless of synagogue affiliation.
Grades 3 – 5 Grades 6 – 7
To register your child, download and print the following registration form and return it to the office. If you need help, call our office.